The answer is “YES” and “NO”.
The reason behind YES is
- You will get as much resource as you want online -Books, PDF notes, video lectures, sample codes, solution for troubleshooting software related issue everything…
- There are many websites which offer ethical hacking course, networking course i.e cybrary Cybrary – Online Cyber Security Training, Free, Forever by the help of this one can learn everything and anything about hacking
- The best part is you don’t need to go anywhere, just sit in front of your computer and access the world of hacking…..
- It’s free of cost..Of course, you have to pay the internet bill .. who doesn’t have an internet connection in his/her home these days.
The reason behind No it’s not a good idea to learn ethical hacking online is
- You will have to spend hell lot of time whenever you want to know about a single topic, although it will increase your knowledge base.
- If you learn from a particular CEH (“certified ethical hacker” which is a global certification course) accredited organization it will be much more time saving and you will get the idea about CEH exam which will be helpful for getting placed in a network security firm or some organization which requires a network engineer…Even you can get the job by getting a CCNA certificate.
- You will be teaching in an environment where you will learn how to think like a hacker, The groomer will be someone who already hacked into many systems or they will show you live hacking…
- The whole process will be in a systematic way unlike in every online course they will not explain each and everything, the terms they use you have to search sometime and make yourself familiar with it…here you can’t ask questions always and get the answers instantly…While in a classroom program you can ask any questions and 99% chances that you will get the answers…
- If you are lucky enough you will get to know many stories about some cool hackers how they bypass the most secure system in the world, there are so many…..
- If you stuck in between some process they will help you and point out the mistakes while online learning you have to follow some person blindly. Basically, you will become a Script Kiddie who just copies some others process or code, Don’t have the prior Knowledge…
- In any ethical hacking institute the teaching is in daily basis or in weekend , SO you will be in a track…but in online course as you can access the contents any time you will become lazy, Some time you may lose interest.
- You can even join an Undergraduate College of Ethical Hacking.
if you want to know anything more please comment.
And always remember that there is no word like ETHICAL –It’s just used to make yourself remember that whatever you are going to learn or learning will be used for good purposes and no one will be responsible for your mess…
ALL THE BEST